We want to help you succeed
When you work for the state of South Carolina, you are investing in your future growth and so are we. Many learning and development opportunities are available to state employees. Some opportunities focus on developing managers, while others focus on enhancing certain skillsets. Some career development opportunities agencies make available to state employees include:
- Associate Public Manager Program — Practical and hands on, this program helps new supervisors develop the skills they need to lead a staff in today’s constantly changing work environment. Learn more.
- Certified Public Manager Program — This nationally accredited program helps managers foster innovative and ethical management practices as they prepare for future leadership roles. Learn more.
- Certification Program for Government Finance Officers — Offered by the Government Finance Officers Association of South Carolina, this five-course certification helps participants gain better insight into the budget preparation and planning process, as well how legislators review and approve budgets. Learn more.
- Human Resources Professional Development Program — This training opportunity allows human resources professionals to prepare for advancement in their respective areas of expertise. Learn more.
- InfoSec and Privacy Professional Development Program — This program further equips the state’s information security and privacy professionals to support and protect information assets. Learn more.
- Public Professional Development Program — This program offers certifications geared for professional and technical staff. Learn more.